Sweet Cracker Treats with Chocolate
You can use your favorite flavor of chocolate to make these;even double dip to colors, or half and half on each end.
- 1 box
- or bag of oyster crackers
- 1 pkg
- chocolate chips, any flavor
- 1 Tbsp
- solid crisco, must be this brand
How to Make Sweet Cracker Treats with Chocolate
- 1In a small heavy bottom saucepan combine chocolate chips and shortening,over medium heat. Stir to blend until creamy.
Remove from heat and dip crackers in one at a time using small appetizer tongs or a long handled soda spoon. May also drop 3 or more at a time remove from chocolate and place on a piece of easy release foil, or wax paper or into sprayed mini muffin tins. Chill until set. I usually make them into little mounds of 3 or 5 to a piece. Very good and they don't last long. Because they get eaten up!
- 2Sometimes I put them in the chocolate and pour the mixture in a pan with foil buttered , and sprinkle with mini marshmallows.Chill then break or cut into pieces.
Can also be dropped into buttered mini muffin cups.
- 3This works great with animal crackers too.
Also with fresh coconut chunks and white chocolate.