White Chocolate Bavarian Tree
1 chalf and half
2envelopes unflavored gelatin
12 ozhigh - quality white or semisweet chocolate
1 tspcream of tartar
1 1/2 cwhipping cream, whipped
·spearamint candy leaves, red cinnamon candies, red candy - coated licorice pieces, green miniature jaw breakers
8 ctree mold, or other decorative mold
How to Make White Chocolate Bavarian Tree
- Combine half - and - half and vanilla in medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture; let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl. Stir about 1/2 of gelatin mixture into egg yolks; return egg yolk mixture to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, stirring constantly. Stir gelatin mixture into chocolate.
Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold cooled chocolate mixture into beaten egg whites. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture into 8 - cup tree mold or other decorative mold.
Refrigerate until set, 8 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, pull chocolate mixture from edge of mold with moistened fingers. Or, run a small metal spatula or pointed knife, dipped in warm water around edge of mold. Dip bottom of mold briefly in warm water.
Place serving plate on top of mold. Invert mold and plate and shake to loosen chocolate mixture. Gently remove mold.
Decorate with candies.