White Chocolate Bavarian Tree
- 1 c
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- envelopes unflavored gelatin
- eggs, seperated
- 12 oz
- high - quality white or semisweet chocolate
- 1 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 c
- whipping cream, whipped
- spearamint candy leaves, red cinnamon candies, red candy - coated licorice pieces, green miniature jaw breakers
- 8 c
- tree mold, or other decorative mold
How to Make White Chocolate Bavarian Tree
- 1Combine half - and - half and vanilla in medium saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture; let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2Beat egg yolks in small bowl. Stir about 1/2 of gelatin mixture into egg yolks; return egg yolk mixture to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 3Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, stirring constantly. Stir gelatin mixture into chocolate.
Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- 4Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold cooled chocolate mixture into beaten egg whites. Fold in whipped cream.
- 5Spoon mixture into 8 - cup tree mold or other decorative mold.
Refrigerate until set, 8 hours or overnight.
- 6To unmold, pull chocolate mixture from edge of mold with moistened fingers. Or, run a small metal spatula or pointed knife, dipped in warm water around edge of mold. Dip bottom of mold briefly in warm water.
Place serving plate on top of mold. Invert mold and plate and shake to loosen chocolate mixture. Gently remove mold.
Decorate with candies.