How to Make Whiskey Bon Bons
- 1Roll out vanilla wafers in a zip loc or heavy plastic bag, until wafers are fine and smooth.
- 2Combine wafer crumbs with the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, karo syrup, whiskey and walnuts.
- 3Roll into 1" balls.
- 4In a double boiler, melt together the chocolate chips and the shortening.
- 5Roll the bon bons in the melted chocolate, and allow to cool on a sheet of waxed paper.
- 6I'm told these can be frozen ... but they never lasted long enough for that, as I put them on goody trays for the holidays and never tried freezing them.
- 7I do not drink whiskey, so I "borrowed" a cup from a neighbor to make these, but you can also use a rum extract and reconstitute it to make 1/3 cup substitution for the whiskey.