★★★★★ 2 votes5
1- 4oz pkgcream cheese room temp
1 lbpowder sugar
1 bottlepeppermint oil or favorite flavor
1 bottlewiltons paste food color your choice of color
6 Tbspcorn starch for rolling out the mint dough on.
How to Make Wedding Mints
- Place cream cheese, powder sugar and salt in bowel.
- Begin mixing with hands till it forms a soft smooth ball. It will all mix in it just takes time.
- Add mint oil with tip of tooth pic a little at a time. It is very strong and easily over done. Taste to adjust flavor.
- Add paste food color of your choice or leave white if desired. Add the food color with tip of tooth pic also color is very concentrated and only takes a little. (I leave mine white because I will Pipe a decoration later).
- Scatter a little corn starch on a flat wax paper covered surface and roll the mints out to about 1/8 inch thick. Use top of empty medicine bottle and cut circles out of mints. Re role the Mints between the circles till all is used up. Method 2 is roll the mint into 1/2 inch logs and cut across the log 1/2 inch lengths to make mint pillows. Then allow to dry 1-4 days.
- Set mint circles aside to dry. Drying may take 1-4 days. Or you may begin to decorate with butter cream frosting and then allow to dry.. Mints will dry to a hard melt in your mouth texture.