Walnut Butter Crunch-Annette's
Recipe is grandma's and mama's.
How to Make Walnut Butter Crunch-Annette's
- Line 9x13 cookie sheet with 1 1/2 cups of walnuts that have been chopped in a nut chopper or food processor. Don't over chop them but you want them smaller than they come in the bags marked "chopped" walnuts.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add water and light corn syrup. Cook over low heat to 290°F crackling stage. Stirring occasionally making sure not to burn the bottom. Keep candy thermometer in pot and MAKE SURE you cook to EXACTLY 290°. (be patient, this takes time since you're cooking on low)
- Pour filling over walnuts evenly.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Use a butter knife to spread the chocolate evenly over filling as it melts.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup black walnuts.
- Let stand to cool before breaking. Once cool, stick butter knife pointed side down and push through candy and break into different sized pieces. ENJOY!