Turtle Chimichanga Bars
- 8 small
- 1.55 oz. -mars,snickers or milky way
- 8 large
- flour tortillas
- 32 oz
- bottle of vegetable oil
- 12 oz
- caramel ice cream topping
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 12 oz
- jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 qt
- vanilla ice cream
How to Make Turtle Chimichanga Bars
- 1Freeze candy bars for at least 1 hour or more- use frozen.
Remove from freezer as needed and place one unwrapped candy bar in the center of a tortilla.
Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over candy bar, and then fold the sides in and over. Fold the top of the tortilla over the folded sides and place, seam side down, on a tray or baking sheet. Repeat to make the remaining chimichangas.
- 2Heat the oil in a large stockpot to 360^. Using tongs, place 2 bundles, seam side down, in the hot oil.Hold bundles down for a few seconds to seal. Fry until golden brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Drain each bundle on a wire rack and repeat with remaining bundles.
- 3Heat the caramel sauce over medium heat-add the pecans and heat through. Cool for 5 minutes. Heat hot fudge in microwave following instructions on jar.(about 30 seconds)
- 4Place chimichanga bundle on dessert plate and top with pecan sauce and drizzle with hot fudge and scoop of ice cream.