★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 14 oz. pkg
- 2/3 c
- evaporated milk (small can), divided
- 1 pkg
- german chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- chopped nuts
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Turtle Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- 2Combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- 3Combine dry cake mix, margarine, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and nuts. By hand, stir until dough holds together. Dough will be thick. Press half of the dough into pan.
- 4Bake for 6 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked crust. Spread caramel mixture over chips. Crumble remaining dough over caramel mixture. Bake 15-18 minutes.
- 5Cool slightly. Then refrigerate about 30 minutes to set caramel. Cut into small pieces and store in a cool place. Serve at room temperature so the caramel is soft.