Got this at a recipe exchange pot luck...and they are sooo good! I had fun with the flavorings, and stumbled upon some unique favorites.
Make up some different flavors for indulgently special holiday gifts! A box of chocolates this tasty, homemade, in tantalizing flavors, is really a spectacular gift. It's fun when there are some traditional favorite flavors (like peppermint or plain chocolate) along with a few adventurous ones (like hungarian paprika, or the lemon flavored dipped in ground coriander & powdered sugar, which is my personal favorite!)
- 3/4 c
- whipping cream
- 3/8 c
- 12 oz.
- bag chocolate chips
- 3-4 tsp
- extract, to taste (alcohol free, oil-based is best) (orange, peppermint, etc.)
- powdered sugar mixed with ground coriander seed, for lemon flavored truffle
- ground hungarian paprika
- crushed peppermint candies, for mint flavored truffles
- chocolate sprinkles
- chopped chocolate chips (good for orange flavored truffles)
- powdered vanilla extract (not a liquid...in a dextrose powder base)
- finely chopped hazelnuts
TOPPING, TO ROLL IN, IDEAS
How to Make Truffles
- 1Melt cream & butter; don't boil.
- 2Add chocolate chips. Stir till melted.
- 3Cool in freezer for 10 min. Add extract, stir.
- 4Chill in freezer till hardened (1 hour.)
Take spoonfuls & roll into balls, then roll in topping of choice.