By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cwalnuts, coarsely chopped
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 lbchocolate, suitable for dipping
How to Make Toffee
- **Have soda ready at the stove to add at once.
- Melt butters slowly; add sugar, water and salt.
- Cook at low heat, stirring constantly until it reaches 212 degrees.
- STOP STIRRING until candy reaches 236 degrees.
- Add the walnuts and stir constantly until candy reaches 290 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add soda, stirring well.
- Pour onto buttered cookie sheet.
- Immediately cut into squares.
- Will run back together, but can be cracked where cut.
- Add dipping chocolate (chips/squares) on top.
- They will melt and you can spread them out.
- Sprinkle nuts on top (optional).