Toffee Chip Squares1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Toffee Chip Squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and add brown sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until well blended.
- Pat evenly into ungreased 9 x 13 baking pan, pressing down flat.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and cut while warm into triangles, cut from 2 inch squares.
- Prepare topping: Melt chocolate chips, butter and water in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove top of double boiler from hot water.
- Let chocolate thicken a little and then drop a large dollop in the center of each square or triangle
- Sprinkle bits o' brickle chips on top of wet chocolate, heavily.
- Refrigerate to set and remove squares with spatula and shake off excess bits o' brickle.