Toffee Chip Squares1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Toffee Chip Squares
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter and add brown sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
- 3Add flour and baking powder and mix until well blended.
- 4Pat evenly into ungreased 9 x 13 baking pan, pressing down flat.
- 5Bake 10-15 minutes until golden.
- 6Remove from oven and cut while warm into triangles, cut from 2 inch squares.
- 7Prepare topping: Melt chocolate chips, butter and water in top of double boiler over hot water.
- 8Stir until smooth.
- 9Remove top of double boiler from hot water.
- 10Let chocolate thicken a little and then drop a large dollop in the center of each square or triangle
- 11Sprinkle bits o' brickle chips on top of wet chocolate, heavily.
- 12Refrigerate to set and remove squares with spatula and shake off excess bits o' brickle.