Three Musketeers Candy-Copy Cat
How to Make Three Musketeers Candy-Copy Cat
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
- 2Heat, stirring, to boiling, then continue to cook, using a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- 3Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks.
- 4When the sugar solution comes to 270 degrees F, or the soft-crack stage, remove from the heat and pour the mixture in thin streams into the egg whites, blending completely with a mixer set on low speed.
- 5Continue to mix until the candy begins to harden to the consistency of dough.
- 6Add the semisweet chocolate chips.
Once thoroughly blended and the nougat has thickened, press it into a greased 9x9-inch pan.
- 7Refrigerate until firm.
With a sharp knife, cut the candy in half down the middle of the pan. Then cut across into 7 segments to create a total of 14 bars.
- 8Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes on half power, stirring halfway through the heating time.
- 9Resting a bar on a fork (and using your fingers if needed), dip each bar into the chocolate to coat completely and place on wax paper.
- 10Cool till firm at room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.