The Best Peanut Brittle
You must pre-measure and prepare ingredients ahead of time. You do not have time to measure while cooking the candy.
I like to use a digital thermometer with an alarm. I set the alarm to go off at 300 degrees so that I know for sure its time to remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 1/2 c
- light corn syrup
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
How to Make The Best Peanut Brittle
- 1Grease large cookie sheet. Set aside. Or use an ungreased cookie sheet and a silicone mat.
- 2In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, bring the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Stir in peanuts. Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking.
- 4Stir frequently until temperature reaches 300 degrees F or until a small amount of the mixture dropped into very old water separates into hard and brittle threads.
- 5Remove from heat; immediately stir in butter and baking soda; pour at once onto the cookie sheet. With 2 forks, lift and pull the peanut mixture into a rectangle about 14x12 inches.
- 6Allow to cool. Snap candy into pieces and store in air tight container.