Taffy made easy.
How to Make Taffy made easy.
- In a heavy pot, mix White Karo and Sugar. Stir well. Bring to a boil over Medium heat.
- Add: Parafin Wax.
- Mix: Knox Gelatin in the 1/4 C water, warm till dissolved.
- Add Gelatin to the boiling Syrup.
- Have a large baking pan or deep cookie sheet prepared by spreading butter thinly over the entire pan.
- Pour hot syrup mixture into the baking pan to cool. You can place pan into your sink with cold water and ice cubes, to cool faster. Be very careful, candy is extremely hot and you can get burned.
- As the candy cools, pull from the corners of the pan, to the center to allow more cooling. When candy is cool enough to pick up, it can be pulled between 2 people or use a hook over a door to allow one person to pull. This is shown in the picture above. Pull till the candy turns pure white.
- Have Wax Paper placed on a counter, with scissors to cut the taffy. A small amount of butter on the scissor blades will keep it from sticking to the candy.
- Cut candy into the size pieces you want. This is a fantastic recipe and anyone can do it.
- This makes great Abba Zabba's, just bring on the peanut butter.
- My favorite Taffy is add Black Walnuts as you pull the taffy.