Sweet n Salty Popcorn Candy
Diane Hopson Smith
You can change up candy and add nuts, raisins, sprinkles, etc... whatever you like. You can change it up to match the different holiday colors.
This is just in time for my 3 little gobblins (grands) to enjoy for Halloween. Well 2 of them will, one is still a little to young. Young or old, I think you will like this treat!
Bet you can't eat just one bite of this sweet and salty treat. Yes, it's addicting!
Hope you enjoy!
- bags of microwave popcorn, popped and un-popped kernnels removed
- 2 c
- tiny pretzel twists, broken (not crushed)
- (24-oz) almond bark, melted
- 1 c
- nuts, your choice, i used cashew halves
- 1 to 2 c
- of you favorite small candies (m&ms, reeses pieces, candy corn, etc)
- sprinkles, optional
How to Make Sweet n Salty Popcorn Candy
- 2In a microwave safe container, melt almond bark on high for 30 second intervals, stir after each interval until just melted. It took about 1 1/2 minutes. Don't over heat or it will seize and become hard.
- 3Pour melted almond bark over popcorn mixture; stir until combined and popcorn is well coated.
- 4Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper and pour coated mixture onto sheet in a single layer. This may take 2 sheets pans depending on size. Or, you could just place parchment paper on your counter if you don't have large baking sheet pans. Sprinkle on your favorite toppings. For Fall I used candy corn, Reeses Pieces and M&M's. You can change the candies to your liking. I would not use any chocolates that would melt easily.
- 6NOTE: I chose to sprinkle candy on top rather than stirring in the candy coating because I wanted a brighter and prettier look. You can stir the candy in if you like.