Soft Chocolate Caramels1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 lb
- 9 oz
- heavy cream
- 2 oz
- cocoa powder
- 1.25 oz
How to Make Soft Chocolate Caramels
- 1Cook together in a copper pan (or a pan not lined with tin) until the mixture reaches the 'ball' stage.
- 2To test the stage of the cooking by finger, dip the thumb and index finger into cold water, then into the mixture, bringing the 2 fingers together and dipping them again into water.
- 3This should be done quickly to avoid burning.
- 4The mixture forms a small ball that can be rolled with the tip of the fingers.
- 5Or use a candy thermometer measuring the soft ball stage of 240 degrees.
- 6Pour this cooked sugar onto an oiled marble slab, keeping it at an even thickness of 2/3 inch, using 4 oiled rulers to make a framework.
- 7Let cool and cut.