- 8 qt
- air popped corn (about 2 cups kernels)
- 1 c
- salted butter
- 2 c
- light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- light corn syrup
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- nuts of choice, recipe calls for salted peanuts
- fun size snickers bars, chopped into small chunks
- 3 oz
- semi sweet chocolate
How to Make Snickers Popcorn
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
While oven preheats..make the popcorn...once done popping the popcorn place in an extra large bowl; Set aside.
- 2Over medium heat boil butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over your popcorn and stir to coat evenly. Transfer to waxed paper lined counter and sprinkle nuts on top. Stir until all is coated evenly. Transfer popcorn into a large roasting pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven and stir in your chopped snickers. Return to oven for 3 more minutes so the snickers begin to melt slightly into the popcorn. Remove from pan and transfer popcorn back to wax paper to cool. **** If you like to add more chopped snickers then the recipe calls for...I say go for it!
- 4Once cooled...drizzle with melted chocolate on top of popcorn, if desired. Then allow chocolate to set up before storing in an airtight container.