3 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cpeanut butter chips
2/3 cpeanut butter, creamy (divided)
1 cgranulated sugar
1/4 cevaporated milk
1 jar(s)marshmallow cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 csalted peanuts
1 pkgcaramels (14 oz)
How to Make Snicker's Fudge
- Prepare a 9X13 in. pan by lining it with non-stick foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place both kinds of chips and 1/3 cup of peanut butter in a medium microwave safe bow. Microwave until melted, stirring every 45 seconds to prevent overheating. Once melted, pour half of the mixture in the prepared pan. Smooth it into an even layer. Set in refrigerator while preparing another layer.
- Meanwhile, place the butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil. At this point, continue stirring for at least 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the marshmallow cream, vanilla extract and the remaining peanut butter and the chopped peanuts. Pour evenly over the chocolate mixture in the baking pan, trying not to disturb the layer underneath.
- Put in refrigerator to set while you unwrap and prepare the caramel layer. When unwrapped, place in a large microwave bowl with one tablespoon of water. If caramel seems to be too stiff, you can add another spoon of water, but be careful with this. You don't want it to get too thin. Stir in one minute intervals to prevent from overheating. Remove when melted and pour over the peanut mixture and return to refrigerator for the caramel to set.
- Remove the mixture that you put in the refrigerator first. The one that is still in the mixing bowl. If this mixture has gotten to stiff, microwave for a brief time until it is melted and smooth. Pour over the caramel and spread it into an even smooth layer. Allow to set in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Remove from pan, using the overhang foil as handles. Cut into one inch squares. These are very pretty during the Holiday displayed in the foil mini muffin wrappers.