★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- oreo cookies (crushed)
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 3 c
- baking chocolate, semi-sweet
- 1 1/2 tsp
How to Make Simple Oreo Truffles
- 1crumble the cookies with a rolling pin, in a ziplock bag, til very fine .. may want to do small amounts at a time.
- 2mix the cream cheese in with the cookies and mix thoroughly with hands, form into balls and put in fridge for aprox 30-45 minutes to an hour (til formed)
- 3mix the chocolate or white chocolate (to your preference) and vanilla in a double boiler or in a saucepan over low heat so it doesn't burn. then dip the balls into the chocolate mixture.
- 4you can put parrafin in to make more silky looking, but I also divide into 3 parts and decorate them with either finely chopped nuts, white chocolate, etc..I have also used white chocolate for the coating on a few, I would like to add that I have used mint oreo's and they are fabulous..