This shortcut recipe, using chocolate pudding mix eliminates a lot of the measuring and fuss. Be sure it's cook-and-serve pudding, not instant.
1 5oz pkgchocolate pudding mix--cook-and-serve, not instant--this is a lg. pkg.
2 Tbspbutter or real margarine (not spread)
1/2-1 cwalnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
How to Make Shortcut Fudge
- Combine pudding mix, sugar and milk in a saucepan over medium heat and cook to a soft-ball stage (225-250 on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and add butter without stirring. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat until the fudge begins to thicken and lose its shine.
- Add the nuts just as the fudge begins to thicken or you won't be able to stir them in.
- Spread the fudge in a buttered 8X8 pan, and refrigerate until it is firm. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
- This is a small recipe, but I tried to double it once and it didn't do well. That might have just been bad luck, but I didn't try it again. :-)