SHAGGY DOGS (candy)
- small package chocolate chips
- stick of butter
- pound of powdered sugar
- cup nuts (this recipe can be made without nuts)
- beaten eggs
- small package of coconut
- small bag of large marshmallows
How to Make SHAGGY DOGS (candy)
- 1Have all the ingredients ready and measured before you begin. Put the coconut in a pie plate. Use a wooden spoon for dipping the marshmallows. Have a cookie sheet with parchment paper ready to put the finished dogs on.
- 2Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium to low heat, add chocolate and nuts, don't burn it. Stir often until it is smooth and shiny, add the eggs, stir until mixed, then add the powdered sugar a little at a time. You don't want it as thick as dough, you want it where you can dip in it.
- 3Put three marshmallows in the sauce pan. With a wooden spoon, work quickly and cover them completely with chocolate, and then place them in the dish with the coconut. They are hot, so be careful, roll them in coconut and place them on the parchment paper to cool. I do 4 at a time. It doesn't take long to finish a bag of marshmallows.
- 4It makes 2 1/2 dozen or a few more. Put the cookie sheet of dogs in the refrigerator to set for a couple of hours until they are firm. Then put them in a plastic container with a lid. If you have any chocolate left, pour it in a flat dish, put it in the fridge and it makes a nice fudge snack. Enjoy!