How to Make Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark UPDATED
- Line a large bar pan with parchment paper, cover with pretzels
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat. When it begins to bubble add the brown sugar. Stirring occasionally let the butter/sugar mixture meld together and brown. This should take about 3 minutes. Do NOT let it boil, you will have sticky goo that is no good. When you have a nice, brown caramel pour it over the pretzels, slowly and evenly. You can then use a spatula to spread it out, you have to work quickly and gently. It hardens fast so even pouring is the best method.
- Bake the sheet for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and sprinkle the whole bag of chocolate chips evenly over the mixture.
- Place back in the oven for about 45 seconds. If you let it sit there too long the chocolate will burn.
- Remove from the oven and use a silicone spatula to evenly spread the chocolate over the top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.