Salt Water Taffy
I haven't tried it yet, but I will when the grandkids come to visit.
How to Make Salt Water Taffy
- Mix sugar and corn starch in 1 1/2 Qt heavy bottom saucepan.
- Stir in corn syrup, water, salt and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Continue cooking, without stirring, until temp on candy thermometor reaches 260 F. If you dont have one; take a small amount and drop it into very cold water, it should form a ball and hold its shape when removed from the water.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a 9X9 pan. Pour mixture into pan and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Pull and fold in half. Continue pulling and folding until it has a satin finish and light color.
- Take a piece and pull until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with scissors into 1 inch pieces.
- Wrap in waxed paper squares.