Rumkugeln/Grandma's German Rum Balls
- 1/2 pound hazelnuts, ground in a coffee grinder or blender
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rum
- 8oz of chocolate, i prefer milk you can use dark, the better the chocolate the better the rum balls
- confectioners sugar(used to make dough firm and able to be rolled into balls)
- chocolate sprinkles
YOU CAN ALSO DIP THESE IN CHOCOLATE : )
How to Make Rumkugeln/Grandma's German Rum Balls
- 1In Mixing bowl, whip butter. Then add the cocoa powder to the whipped butter.
- 2Now add the rum a little at a time while continuously mixing.
- 3Chop your chocolate and then melt it in a double broiler. Once melted allow it to cool just a tad and then add it to the butter mixture.
- 4Add your ground hazel nuts to this.
- 5Now work confectioners sugar into the dough by kneading it. Continue to add and work in sugar until the dough is the consistancy that can be formed into balls.
- 6Roll dough into bitesized balls and roll in sprinkles. Allow to air dry.
- 7These can be kept in a well sealed plastic container to keep them fresh