Rumkugeln/Grandma's German Rum Balls
·1/2 pound hazelnuts, ground in a coffee grinder or blender
·1/2 cup butter, softened
·2 tablespoons cocoa powder
·2 to 3 tablespoons rum
·8oz of chocolate, i prefer milk you can use dark, the better the chocolate the better the rum balls
·confectioners sugar(used to make dough firm and able to be rolled into balls)
YOU CAN ALSO DIP THESE IN CHOCOLATE : )
How to Make Rumkugeln/Grandma's German Rum Balls
- In Mixing bowl, whip butter. Then add the cocoa powder to the whipped butter.
- Now add the rum a little at a time while continuously mixing.
- Chop your chocolate and then melt it in a double broiler. Once melted allow it to cool just a tad and then add it to the butter mixture.
- Add your ground hazel nuts to this.
- Now work confectioners sugar into the dough by kneading it. Continue to add and work in sugar until the dough is the consistancy that can be formed into balls.
- Roll dough into bitesized balls and roll in sprinkles. Allow to air dry.
- These can be kept in a well sealed plastic container to keep them fresh