Root Beer Float Marshmallows
You can replace cornstarch with powdered sugar or do a mix of the two.
How to Make Root Beer Float Marshmallows
- 1Line a baking pan with wax paper and generously dust with cornstarch.
- 2Put 1/2c water, sugar, and corn syrup in saucepan on medium. Bring to boil, then lower heat and stir to dissolve sugar.
- 3Then continue to cook on low for 10 minutes.
- 4While that is cooking, put gelatin in cold water until spongy. Liquefy in microwave for 20 seconds when ready to use.
- 5In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until firm.
- 6Slowly pour corn syrup mix between beaters while blending.
- 7Then add gelatin. Beat for another minute.
- 8Add extracts, and beat thoroughly.
- 9Spread into cooking sheet, one inch thick.
- 10Sprinkle cornstarch atop mixture. Fold excess wax paper over top and hold in place with ramekin.
- 11Put in a dry place (not refrigerator) for 3 to 12 hours.
- 12Cut with favorite small cookie cutter that is dipped in cornstarch.
- 13Toss cut marshmallows in cornstarch. Shake off cornstarch. Ready to serve.