Root Beer Float Marshmallows
You can replace cornstarch with powdered sugar or do a mix of the two.
How to Make Root Beer Float Marshmallows
- Line a baking pan with wax paper and generously dust with cornstarch.
- Put 1/2c water, sugar, and corn syrup in saucepan on medium. Bring to boil, then lower heat and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Then continue to cook on low for 10 minutes.
- While that is cooking, put gelatin in cold water until spongy. Liquefy in microwave for 20 seconds when ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until firm.
- Slowly pour corn syrup mix between beaters while blending.
- Then add gelatin. Beat for another minute.
- Add extracts, and beat thoroughly.
- Spread into cooking sheet, one inch thick.
- Sprinkle cornstarch atop mixture. Fold excess wax paper over top and hold in place with ramekin.
- Put in a dry place (not refrigerator) for 3 to 12 hours.
- Cut with favorite small cookie cutter that is dipped in cornstarch.
- Toss cut marshmallows in cornstarch. Shake off cornstarch. Ready to serve.