Rich Chocolate Caramels1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 ccorn syrup
1/2 chalf and half
2unsweetened chocolate squares
2 Tbspbutter, cut in small pieces
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Rich Chocolate Caramels
- Place sugars, corn syrup, half and half and chocolate in large heavy saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring to melt chocolate and dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat to moderate and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until syrup reaches 248 on candy thermometer (firm-ball stage).
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in butter and vanilla just until blended and butter melts.
- Pour into well-greased 8x8x2" pan.
- Cool; cut in small squares.
- If desired, top each square with pecan half or almond slivers.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap or foil.
- Store in cool, dry place.
- Makes about 1-1/2 pounds.