Red Velvet Cake Balls
- 1 pkg
- red velvet cake mix as prepared on package
- 1 can(s)
- (16-oz.size)ready made cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 pkg
- vanilla almond bark or white chocolate morsals
- various sprinkles and non pareils of choice
- new, clean, sterile plastic gloves
How to Make Red Velvet Cake Balls
- 1Prepare cake according to package. I used 9x13 pan. Let cool completely. Add cake to a large bowl using a spatula and breaking up cake into pieces.
- 2Using your hands (in plastic gloves!!!) mix in the frosting. Mix very well.
- 3Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Make into balls and lay on cookie sheet. Freeze 1 hour.
- 4During the last 5 min of the hour prepare almond bark. Melt according to directions. Dip using a small spoon or candy spool and put back on waxed paper. Immediately put sprinkles on. It will set quickly! Mine are a bit messy looking. We like them that way! Not really a ball...more like a blob. Refrigerate for up to a week. Can also be frozen. They just get a little wet looking when they thaw but I have found if I am going to freeze them I thaw them out the morning of an evening party and they are fine.