Real Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix
- 2 Tbsp
- canned pumpkin,100% pure solid
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar,packed
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- each of nutmeg and allspice
- 2 c
- corn chex
- 1 1/2 c
- rice chex
- 1/2 c
- walnut pieces
How to Make Real Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix
- 1Combine the melted butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, and spices in a large bowl. Blend well.
Add cereal and nuts to the bowl. Carefully stir until mixture is well coated.
- 2Preheat oven to 350^.(do not make this recipe in the microwave- it will not cook well and be one big lump)
- 3Pour mixture into a well greased or sprayed roasting pan and spread in a single layer.
Place in oven for 20 to 35 minutes depending on your oven. Stir mixture every 10 minutes. Keep an eye on this while baking , as it can burn quickly. It should be dark because of the pumpkin and spices, but not black!
Mixture will look steamy from the moisture of the pumpkin. It will disappear as it cools.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Place on waxed paper or cookie sheet and separate into bite size pieces.