How to Make Quick Southern Pralines
- 1Mix sugars, small pudding mix, milk and butter in a medium sauce pan
- 2Cook over low heat until it comes to a boil. Continue cooking gently until the soft-ball stage (about 10 minutes). You must stir it constantly to keep from sticking.
- 3Stir in nuts and vanilla extract.
- 4Remove from heat and beat until mixture begins to thicken. It will still be a bit thin. Drop by tablespoon onto parchment paper to cool. If it gets too thick, reheat it until it gets thinner.
- 5(Do not double up on the recipe; rather make this recipe one at a time. Otherwise it will get too thick before you can get it on the parchment paper)