Pumpkin Seed Brittle
My family loved this.. easy to make but be very careful! This is extremely hot. I would NOT let children or Pets around while making this..
How to Make Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- 1Put a 24" by 12" sheet of parchment on a work surface and anchor
corners with pieces of tape.
- 2Bring sugar, water, and sea salt to a
boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until
sugar is dissolved.
- 3Cook mixture, without stirring, washing down any
sugar crystals from side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold
water, until syrup registers 238F (soft-ball stage) on thermometer,
12 to 14 minutes (sugar syrup will be colorless).
- 4Remove from heat
and stir in seeds with a wooden spoon, then continue stirring until
syrup crystallizes, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Return pan to moderate heat and cook, stirring constantly, until
sugar melts completely (sugar will continue to dry and become grainy
before melting) and turns a deep caramel color, 4 to 5 minutes more
(seeds will be toasted).
- 6Carefully pour hot caramel mixture onto
parchment and carefully cover with another sheet. Immediately roll
out (between sheets of parchment) as thinly as possible with a
rolling pin, pressing firmly.
- 7Remove top sheet of parchment and
immediately cut brittle into pieces with a heavy knife or pizza
wheel. Cool brittle completely, then peel paper from bottom.
Alternately, break brittle into pieces once cool