Give as gifts or save for yourself.
Pictured here with my Spiced Pumpkin Biscotto dipped in Pumpkin Caramel.
- 3/4 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- white sugar
- 1 stick
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp
- pure pumpkin
How to Make Pumpkin Caramel
- 1In a saucepan, place both sugars. Cook on medium until amber liquid color. Whisking all the while.
- 2Remove from heat. Add butter. Whisk.
- 3Add cinnamon, vanilla, and pumpkin. Whisk until completely blended. Place on stove on low heat.
- 4Add heavy cream. Blend well. Cook, whisk, and continue to reduce. Depending on what you are making with this, the amount you want to reduce will vary.
- 5If you are making a caramel sauce for ice cream or to top pies, it will still be liquidy, but cling to the spoon. Remember when it cools, it thickens. If you want to make Pumpkin Caramel Balls rolled in Pecans and Orange Sprinkles (very good and festive!) reduce until quite thick and refrigerate before making.