★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- butterscotch pudding or chocolate pudding (cook and serve kind- not instant)
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 c
- walnuts or pecan pieces **more or less - i like more**
How to Make Pudding Pralines
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
Cook over med-hi heat, stirring constantly, until boiling.
- 2When top is covered with small bubbles, reduce the heat and cook 3-5 minutes longer.
Remove from heat.
- 3Stir to cool candy down. (I will usually put bottom of pan in cold water in sink to speed the cooling process) Top of mixture should still be a bit shiney.
Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool completely, it will harden as it cools.
If mixture cools too much before dropping onto wax paper, it may begin to harden in the pan. ** Must work fast if this happens **
If mixture is not cool enough when dropped onto wax paper, it will run and may not harden at all. ** Use for ice cream topping if this happens **
I know this sounds like a picky process. I usually stir mine until the shine just starts to go...then I work quickly.