- sheets frozen puff pastry(1 17.3oz pkg),thawed,each sheet cut into 12 squares
- 1 large
- egg,beaten to blend with 1 tbsp water (for glaze)
- (3.5oz bars) imported bittersweet or milk chocolate,each cut into six 2x3/4inch pieces
How to Make Petits Pain Au Chocolat
- 1Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush top of each puff pastry square with egg glaze. Place 1 chocolate piece on edge of 1 pastry square. Roll up dough tightly,enclosing chocolate. Repeat with remaining pastry and chocolate. Place pastry rolls on baking sheet,seam side down.(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover pastries with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg glaze)
- 2Preheat oven to 400. Brush tops of pastry rolls with remaining egg glaze. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake until pastries are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp.