- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 c
- light cream
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- butter ( or margarine )
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- broken walnut or pecan pieces ( optional )
How to Make Penuche Fudge
- 1Butter the sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan. In the pan, combine sugars, cream, milk, and butter.
Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, till sugars dissolve and mixture comes to boiling
- 2Cook to soft boil stage ( 238 F ) stirring only if necessary.
- 3Immediately remove from heat and cool to luke warm ( 110 F )
DO NOT STIR.
- 4Beat vigorously till candy becomes very thick and starts to lose its gloss
- 5Quickly stir in nuts and spread in buttered shallow pan.
Score while warm; cut when firm.