2 call purpose flour
2/3 cpowdered sugar
3/4 cof butter, softened
1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
3 Tbspwhipping cream
3 1/2 ccoursely chopped pecans
How to Make Pecan Squares
- Sift together two cups of flour and 2/3 cup of powdered sugar
- Cut in 3/4 cup of softened butter using a pastry blender or a fork just until mixture resembles course meal.
- Pat mixture into bottom and sides of a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and let cool
- Bring brown sugar, honey 2/3 cup of butter and whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in pecans and pour hot filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly
- Cool completely and cut into 2 inch squares.