This is not my photo; I will be making them again in a few days and will post one then
★★★★★ 2 votes5
2 cwhite, granulated sugar
1 tspbaking soda
1 cbuttermilk (borden is no longer available locally -not sure if they are still in business)
2 Tbspbutter (not margarine)
2 1/2 cpecan halves
How to Make PECAN PRALINES
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, soda, buttermilk and salt.
- Cook over high heat for 5 minutes (or to 210 degrees F. on a candy thermometer) stirring frequently, scraping bottom of pan.
- Add butter and pecans. Continue cooking, stirring constantly scraping bottom and sides of pan, until candy reaches soft ball stage (234 degrees F -about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Beat until thick and creamy.
- Drop by tablespoon onto waxed paper and let cool.
- Makes about 18 two-inch delicious pralines.