This is not my photo; I will be making them again in a few days and will post one then
- 2 c
- white, granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- buttermilk (borden is no longer available locally -not sure if they are still in business)
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (not margarine)
- 2 1/2 c
- pecan halves
How to Make PECAN PRALINES
- 1In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, soda, buttermilk and salt.
- 2Cook over high heat for 5 minutes (or to 210 degrees F. on a candy thermometer) stirring frequently, scraping bottom of pan.
- 3Add butter and pecans. Continue cooking, stirring constantly scraping bottom and sides of pan, until candy reaches soft ball stage (234 degrees F -about 5 minutes).
- 4Remove from heat and cool slightly. Beat until thick and creamy.
- 5Drop by tablespoon onto waxed paper and let cool.
- 6Makes about 18 two-inch delicious pralines.