Peanut Butter Treats
- 14 oz
- eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 c
- creamy peanut butter( jif or kroger is great)
- 1/3 c
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract (yes)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- cornstarch, sifted
- 1 lb
- vanilla-flavored candy coating or wafer type or chips
- 2 c
- finely chopped peanuts
How to Make Peanut Butter Treats
- 1Line a 9-inch square pan with wax paper.
Combine s c Milk, peanut butter,water,vanilla and salt in a heavy saucepan; stir in cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and smooth.
- 2Add candy coating; cook and stir until melted and smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
Chill 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; roll firmly in peanuts to coat.
- 3Microwave Method:
Combine sc Milk, peanut butter, water, vanilla and salt in 1-quart glass measure; stir in cornstarch. Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes; mix well. Melt candy coating in 2 quart glass measure on MEDIUM 3 to 5 minutes, stirring after each minute. Add peanut butter mixture; mix well. Proceed as above.