PEANUT BUTTER MOCHI - JAPANESE DESSERT
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make PEANUT BUTTER MOCHI - JAPANESE DESSERT
- 1Combine peanut butter and honey, refrigerate until firm.
- 2Bring water to a boil, add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 3Add mochiko a little at a time, stirring constantly. Continue stirring over medium heat until lumps are dissolved.
- 4Place dough on a surface dusted with katakuriko. Allow to cool slightly. Sprinkle with more katakuriko and knead a few times until smooth.
- 5Form into a log.
- 6Pinch of a 1 1/2-inch piece of dough and flatten into a circle.
- 7Place a teaspoon of the peanut butter filling in the center and fold edge around the filling and pinch to seal.
- 8Makes about 24 peanut butter mochi balls.