Peanut Butter Honey Candy Squares
We used to make this candy in zipper bags when my kids were little. It's a great activity for scouts and church groups, and a healthy snack, too! (Watch out for kids with peanut allergies!) These make great "energy bars" with the addition of nuts, seeds, etc. We put Rice Krispies, nuts, sunflower seeds, and granola in them for variety.
- 1 c
- peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 c
- dry powdered milk
- 1/2-3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/4-1/2 c
- carob powder or cocoa
- 1 c
- cereal, oatmeal, granola, etc.
- coconut, wheat germ, sesame seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp
- water if mixture is too crumbly.
How to Make Peanut Butter Honey Candy Squares
- 1Combine first four ingredients. Mix with fork or spoon, or squeeze together in plastic bag till ingredients are well blended. For fudgy candy, add cocoa or carob now.
- 2Add any additional ingredients, and press into 8X8" pan, shape in log, or shape into balls, and roll in coconut, wheat germ, sesame seeds, or a combination.
- 3Chill in freezer for 15-20 minutes, or in refrigerator for an hour. Cut into squares or slice log into bite sized pieces.