★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. white corn syrup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 stick margerine or butter (4 tbsp.)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to Make Peanut Butter Candy
- 1Combine all ingredients except vanilla. Heat stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boiling point. Wipe sugar crystals from sides of pan. Boil to soft ball stage.
(when you drop a few drops into a cup of water, it makes a soft ball.)
- 2Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add vanilla.
- 3Beat with mixer till no longer shiny and mixture begins to hold it's shape. Turn into a buttered pan and quickly spread to sides of pan. Cool and cut into squares. (This can be mixed by hand, but does better if you use a mixer.)