Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
You can also fore go the peanut butter chips in the brownies. Also I have made this with devils food cake. You will receive many compliments, and expect to be asked for the recipe.
- 1 pkg
- fudge brownie mix ( i used a 9 inch sour cream chocolate cake i had frozen from a previous dessert ) was delicious in this, and evened out the richness )
- 1 pkg
- peanut butter chips - 10 oz.
- 4 c
- 2 pkg
- instant vanilla pudding - 5.1 oz. each
- 1 c
- creamy peanut butter
- 4 tsp
- vanilla extract
- containers whipped topping - 8 oz. each
- 2 pkg
- peanut butter cups (miniature) - 13 oz. each
How to Make Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
- 1Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box; add the peanut butter chips and stir to distribute evenly.
Pour into the baking pan and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Be careful not to over bake the brownies
- 3When done remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. After they are cooled, cut into 1-inch squares.
Cut the peanut butter cups in half and set aside a third of them for garnishing the trifle.
Begin layering the trifle by placing a third of the brownies on the bottom of the bowl.
Add one third of the peanut butter cups on top of the brownies.
Then add one third of the peanut butter pudding over the peanut butter cups; spread out evenly.
Repeat the layers two more times.
Spread the remaining whipped topping over the top of the last layer of peanut butter pudding.
Garnish the top with the peanut butter cups that were set aside. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
This dessert can be prepared a day ahead.