How to Make Peanut brittle
- 1Combine sugar syrup and water in a large heavy skillet.
- 2Cook slowly over medium heat,stirring constantly until sugar disolved.
- 3Continue cooking until mixture reaches the soft boil stage(240 degrees)or until a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water seperates into threads which are hard and brittle.
- 4Watch mixture carefully to avoid burning.remove from heat.add peanits, butter and soda. Stirring to blend.
- 5Pour onto 2 large butterd baking sheets,while still warm ,pour out to desired thickness. When cold crack into pieces.