Oven Caramel Corn
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cdark karo syrup
1/2 tspbaking soda
5 qtpopcorn, popped (usually 3 microwave bags of light buttered corn) or mix it up a little bit and use 1 1/2 bags of cheese popcorn!
How to Make Oven Caramel Corn
- preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- combine margarine, sugar, syrup, and salt in med. saucepan. bring to boil, reduce heat to med/low and boil for 13-15 minutes, stirring CONSTANTLY.
- remove from heat and stir in the soda until completely dissolved and fluffy.
- have the corn in a large roasting pan and pour caramel over popped corn. *all the corn won't be covered at this point and that's OK!
- bake at 250 for one hour, stirring the corn every 15 minutes. (that's the important step!)
- cool on wax paper in a single layer. freezes well. (if it lasts that long!)