Oven Caramel Corn
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- 2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- dark karo syrup
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 5 qt
- popcorn, popped (usually 3 microwave bags of light buttered corn) or mix it up a little bit and use 1 1/2 bags of cheese popcorn!
How to Make Oven Caramel Corn
- 1preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2combine margarine, sugar, syrup, and salt in med. saucepan. bring to boil, reduce heat to med/low and boil for 13-15 minutes, stirring CONSTANTLY.
- 3remove from heat and stir in the soda until completely dissolved and fluffy.
- 4have the corn in a large roasting pan and pour caramel over popped corn. *all the corn won't be covered at this point and that's OK!
- 5bake at 250 for one hour, stirring the corn every 15 minutes. (that's the important step!)
- 6cool on wax paper in a single layer. freezes well. (if it lasts that long!)