Try without sticks too, its a great finger food
If u dont have a double boiler u can always use a glass bowl over boiling water to melt the chocolate
- 1 8oz pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 c
- oreo cookies crushed
- 1 pkg
- almond bark chocolate, shaved or colored candy melts
- 1 box
- plastic sticks(optional)
How to Make Oreo Truffles
- 1In a gallon ziploc bag, crush oreo cookies until small chunks,do not make into fine powder.
- 2Transfer to a medium size mixing bowl and mix in cream cheese.
- 3Roll oreo mixture into small balls. Push sticks into balls, or mold ball onto stick. Place on Cookie sheet in refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes or until a little firm
- 4Melt shaved chocolate(works better with double boiler) Coat the balls in the chocolate.
- 5While the chocolate (or candy) is still wet, sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs or sprinkles, chopped nuts, or contrasting chocolate.
- 6Place truffles on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- 7Store any leftover truffles in a covered container in refrigerator.