OREO COOKIE TRUFFLES
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make OREO COOKIE TRUFFLES
- 1Put the oreos in a large zip-lock bag, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a flat pan and finely crush the cookies.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the oreo cookie crumbs, vanilla frosting and cream cheese, mix till well blended.
- 3If it is too soft, chill it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Using a small cookie scoop, place the uniformed oreo balls on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- 5Refrigerate for an hour. I chill mine overnight.
- 6Place your milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe large mug, on medium-low power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring till it is smooth and a good consistency for coating the oreo balls.
- 7Using a fork with thin tines and an ice tea spoon, dunk the oreo balls and cover it completely with chocolate, gently lift the ball with the fork and lightly tap your wrist to get the excess off.
- 8Place the chocolate covered oreo balls in the candy liners and if the oreo is showing, use a toothpick to close the holes and immediately sprinkle them before the chocolate dries.
- 9Place them in a container and cover them.