Orange Dreamcicle truffles!
Note: not my recipe but too yummy not to share.
How to Make Orange Dreamcicle truffles!
- 1Pour white chocolate chips into a mixing bowl, set aside.
- 2Melt butter along with orange zest in a small saucepan. Stir in cream and scald mixture.
- 3Pour hot cream mixture through a fine mesh sieve over white chocolate chips and using a rubber spatula press zest against sieve to release orange oils into mixture.
- 4Allow mixture to rest 1 minute, add orange extract and food coloring to white chocolate chip mixture then stir until smooth.
- 5Cover mixture and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to handle. Scoop mixture out by heaping teaspoon fulls and form into balls then roll in powdered sugar.
- 6Freeze truffles 20 minutes then enjoy. Store truffles in refrigerator as they will soften at room temperature or freeze for up to 1 month.