Orange Chocolate Meltaways Recipe
- package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 c
- (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- grated orange peel
- 2 1/2 tsp
- orange extract
- 1 1/2 c
- finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 c
- milk chocolate chips (for coating)
- 2 Tbsp
- shortening (for coating)
How to Make Orange Chocolate Meltaways Recipe
- 1Place chocolate chips in a bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, bring cream and orange peel to a gentle boil; immediately pour over chips. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until smooth. Add extract. Cover and chill for 35 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- 2Beat mixture for 10-15 seconds or just until it lightens in color (do not overbeat). Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill for 5 minutes.
- 3Gently shape into balls; roll half in nuts. In a microwave; melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Store in the refrigerator.