Old Fudge Recipe
The name of it was Festive Fudge.
- 2 c
- 2/3 c
- evaporated milk (1 small can = 2/3 cup)
- regular sized marshmallows
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine (1 stick)
- Tiny pinch
- salt (just a few grains)
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (original recipe called for one 6 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate pieces)
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- chopped nuts (optional)
How to Make Old Fudge Recipe
- 1In a heavy 2 qt saucepan add sugar, butter, evaporated milk, marshmallows and salt. Cook stirring constantly over medium heat to a boil. Mixture will be bubbling all over top. Boil and stir for 5 minutes more. Take off heat.
- 2Stir in until completely melted, chocolate chips, vanilla and nuts (if using).
- 3Spread into a buttered 8 inch square pan. Cool and cut into 30 pieces.
- 4Remember this is the original recipe. I no longer use a heavy 2 qt saucepan...just a regular 2 qt sauce pan. It is important to keep stirring after things are melting as that is when it can burn. The stirring is worth it tho as this is the best recipe! If you dont boil it for a full five minutes it wont set up and it will taste grainy.