Norma's Peanut Brittle
How to Make Norma's Peanut Brittle
- 1Place sugar, corn syrup and water in a sauce pan and cook until you reach 240 degrees on a candy thermometer and add peanuts and stir gently.
- 2Continue to cook until you reach 295 degrees,stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat, add butter and stir until butter dissolves.
- 4Add soda and salt, stirring vigorously. ( mixture will foam and change color )
- 5Remove from heat and pour out on a buttered cookies sheet and spread as thinly as possible, working fast.( I use the back of two spoon to spread it out )
- 6Let candy cool and break or cut into pieces.