How to Make Nanny's Divinity
- 1ook sugar,corn syrup and water over low heat,stirring constantly,until sugar is dissolved.Cook without stirring to 260 degrees on candy thermometer.
- 2Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 3Continue beating while pouring hot syrup into egg whites beating constantly on medium speed.
- 4Add vanilla.Beat until mixture holds its shape
- 5Fold in nuts.
- 6Drop mixture from buttered spoon onto waxed paper.Let stand at room temperature for 3 hours until candy feels dry.
- 7Store in airtight container at room temperature.