Mom's Butter Crunch Candy
How to Make Mom's Butter Crunch Candy
- 1Line a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or rub with butter
- 2In a small-medium size pot, melt butter and sugar to a slow boil over medium heat
- 3On LOW heat, Cover and let simmer for 3 minutes
- 4For the next 8-10 minutes or so, you are going to be stirring the mixture constantly over MEDIUM heat until it gets to about 290 degrees (hard crack) on a candy thermometer OR until it gets to be a medium brown caramel color and splits into threads when a small drop is dropped into a glass of COLD ice water
- 5If you don't have a candy thermometer, that is fine - I haven't made it with one for years - just have a glass of ice water handy. If when you drop a little bit of the mixture in, it splits into threads, and when you feel the threads, they are of a "hard crack" nature - you are ready. WATCH it closely so as not to burn it!
- 6Pour the mixture onto the jelly roll pan and once it is poured, tilt the pan so the mixture spreads evenly
- 7Immediately sprinkle mini morsels and let them sit for about a minute, then spread them as they will be melted. Sprinkle nuts and put in the fridge for 2 hours
- 8break up into pieces and enjoy! (store these in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to serve). With extra candy, don't leave out in room temperature, keep in fridge!